Arkansas Mensa Bulletin Board
Home page of the main part of the Arkansas Mensa website. - Participation Policy
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 12:50:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
Want an email address like this?:
yourname@arkansasmensa.org
Check out the tech forum under arkansasmensa.org email addresses for details.
1384 Posts in 576 Topics by 58 Members
Latest Member: mpanikkar
* Home Help Calendar Login Register
Want to keep track of forums or topics by being emailed about changes?
Click the "Notify" button on the top of the forum or topic, then choose how you want to be told.
+ Arkansas Mensa Bulletin Board
|-+ Group Activities
| |-+ Loc/Sec Forums
| | |-+ Bruce's Comments: See 'Cogito, Ergo Zoom!' (Moderator: eurekabruce)
| | | |-+ CAMPAIGN ANNOUNCEMENT
Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CAMPAIGN ANNOUNCEMENT  (Read 2800 times)
eurekabruce
Administrator

Ehhh . . . What's up, Doc?

« on: April 13, 2007, 02:47:05 PM »

I just received this announcement from a candidate for Mensa Chairperson.  We welcome all announcements and neither recommend nor not recommend this or any person for any office:

Bruce

Candidate Marghretta McBean:

I am a non-traditional candidate. My running for election as your Chairwoman  is
unconventional: while having the requisite service (four years as Region1's  AMC
representative ), I am not waiting to slowly move up, finally acquiring the  top position
when I may no longer be at the peak of my powers.

I am running because I have a dream: that with my energy, hopefulness, and  passion, I
can lead you and American Mensa towards a new direction, one more in  tune with America’s
social and cultural climate.

An active Greater New York Mensa Inc. member since 1976, I fully understand  the dynamics
of local group leadership and politics.

I have served Region 1 with diligence and fairness. Through my support and
encouragement, groups have produced a LDW, a Colloquium and hosted an AMC  meeting. A true
leader makes leaders of others and becomes a better leader in  the process.

As an outspoken member of the AMC, I have acquired experience and insight  into Mensa’s
national and international inner workings. I also bring a  perspective that has not been
tarnished by political allegiances or personal  grievances.

I am fortunate to enjoy excellent health and superb stamina, necessary  components for an
active leader.

Some ideas that bear consideration: Student and Senior reduced_fee membership  classes;
"bundling" testing/prior evidence with membership; truly broadening our  outreach to
underrepresented groups. I would love to hear your suggestions and  comments; reach me at
campaign@fixedearth.net.

To visit my campaign headquarters go to http://www.inch.com/~taurus/BrightNewDay.html
[http://www.inch.com/~taurus/BrightNewDay.html]
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: