Arkansas Mensa Bulletin Board
Home page of the main part of the Arkansas Mensa website. - Participation Policy
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 12:52:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
The Forums have been rearranged. Voice your opinion on it in the Changes forum.
1384 Posts in 576 Topics by 58 Members
Latest Member: mpanikkar
* Home Help Calendar Login Register
Want to keep track of forums or topics by being emailed about changes?
Click the "Notify" button on the top of the forum or topic, then choose how you want to be told.
+ Arkansas Mensa Bulletin Board
|-+ Group Activities
| |-+ Loc/Sec Forums
| | |-+ Bruce's Comments: See 'Cogito, Ergo Zoom!' (Moderator: eurekabruce)
| | | |-+ WE MUST ELECT NEW OFFICERS!
Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WE MUST ELECT NEW OFFICERS!  (Read 5271 times)
eurekabruce
Administrator

Ehhh . . . What's up, Doc?

« on: April 30, 2007, 04:05:49 PM »

I have committed the unpardonable!   I allowed myself to become vulnerable to a mini-crisis.  As a result, I was unable to participate in this year's Culture-Quest and failed to show up, and failed to give fair warning to Duke.   Because of this, I consider myself no longer worthy to hold this office.  I know that Forrest doesn't want to move up into the office.  I ask all to forward nominations.  Those who see themselves nominated can decline, but it must be immediate.

We must also somehow get M-ARK up and running.  Another failure on my part.

My humble apologies to all.

Bruce

Gerry
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 10:15:03 PM »

Bruce:

I can't speak for Duke, but as far as I'm concerned there's nothing "unpardonable" about becoming vulnerable to a scheduling conflict.  I doubt there's anyone interested in not pardoning.  There's also nothing unpardonable about not getting the newsletter out, because if there is I'm unpardonable, too. 

Being LocSec is a pain in the neck (edited for being outside the unmoderated section).  The reality is that very few Arkansas Mensans want to do much more than the listserve and occasional meetings.  That's fine.  Mensa is, in my opinion, entertainment.  It's not an obligation.  It doesn't serve a useful function in society.  It's just for the purpose of the personal enjoyment and occasional therapy of its members.

You can't put out a newsletter if nobody's helping you.  You did not get the authority to draft when you became LocSec.  You can't simply do it all.

If anyone wants there to be a M-Ark, volunteer to do something.  The money is sitting there in our account. (We do need to get out a "placeholder" M-Ark to keep the money coming, but that's a subject for another thread).  Maybe I can figure out how I did those postcards again and we can do that, just to keep the ducats rolling in.

Are they sending you the labels?

Gerry
eurekabruce
Administrator

Ehhh . . . What's up, Doc?

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 02:48:22 PM »

Yes, Gerry, I have the labels.  Yes, Gerry, I'm depressed as hell about all this.  Yes, Gerry, I'd like to see Duke as Loc/Sec.

BC
Gerry
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 09:15:46 PM »

Actually, I didn't mean to suggest Duke as LocSec, but now that you mention it . . . . 

Gerry
Gerry
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 09:25:29 PM »

Bruce:

Do you get the electonic version of the label list?  You know, the one we can modify to upload a list of recipieints?  If so, we could do this:  http://www.usps.com/netpost/sendletters_business.htm?from=netpostreachcustomers&page=lettersbusiness

Now granted, "this" is really expensive.  But it's not as expensive as this: http://www.usps.com/netpost/sendbooklets_business.htm?from=netpostreachcustomers&page=bookletsbusiness

Gerry
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: